Join COF on facebook!
Follow COF on Twitter!
- David Bottner with the New Orleans Mission telling us about the upcoming acquisition of the old K-Bar-B property in Lacombe, LA.
- Melissa Landrum, Executive Director of Family Promise telling us about their Grand Opening this Friday, April 17,... http://t.co/DghZq3vGlz
- Brian Brothers speaking about The Life Project
- Great crowd out to hear about services meeting the needs of the homeless in our community http://t.co/5GH83nJrDL
- April Host Ralph Oneal with Seniors and Law Enforcement Together http://t.co/RdRGK9gy8A
- Please Join Us: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 10:00 am to 12:00 Noon At the Following Location: First Baptist... http://t.co/BUd5IE73s7
- St. Tammany Commission on Families Meeting Announcement http://t.co/tGT0NVsWFr
- 1/18 Community Events: 4 of 4 (continued) http://t.co/B697Bdzo
- 1/18 Community Events: 3 (continued) http://t.co/ilyPWarU
- 1/18 Community Events: 2 http://t.co/9fN29xPo
St. Tammany Commission on Families is a coalition of diverse members working together to increase our capacity to empower families by providing opportunities for networking, collaboration, training and information exchange. Our purpose is to identify service gaps, develop strategies for the mobilization and utilization of volunteers within organizations and involve the private sector in supporting services for families and children. Since 1996 the commission has worked with people, groups and organizations that provide critical support and services to children and families.
Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month*
10:00 am to 12:00 pm
at First Baptist Church of Covington
**Meetings are held in the ROC building**
*Please check http://www.stcof.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm date and time.
Commission on Families members include:
· Private and public agencies
· Civic associations
At monthly Commission meetings we:
· Convene panels of experts to discuss services and service needs
· Sponsor mini-workshops for skills enhancement
· Assist with area needs assessments
· Educate andincrease awareness ofservices and programs
· Provide a forum for information exchange and interaction
· Support advocates for healthyfamilies
· Host Annual State of the Parish Address and Annual Legislative Updates